The strategic goal of the Central Asian University for the perspective until 2022 is to fulfill the mission of a leading scientific, research, educational, methodological, production and consulting center in the field of financial and economic, legal, humanitarian and technical sciences, information technology and information security, which is among leading international universities and making a significant theoretical and practical contribution to innovative development and global competitiveness individuality of Kazakhstan at the international educational space!
1.1 Development of new educational forms, programs and standards
During 2017-2022, develop competencies in accordance with the Dublin descriptors for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs.
2) Continue to develop a new generation of educational programs for undergraduate and graduate programs, including on the basis of their own educational standards. The main attention should be paid to the formation of flexible undergraduate educational programs and the creation of master's programs based on completed studies within the framework of world scientific schools in the fields of economic sciences, information technology, transport, ecology, biotechnology, geology, construction, design.
3) Significantly strengthen the practical aspect of the educational process at the university. In 2019, bring to 60% at the undergraduate level and 40% at the master's level the share of educational programs implemented jointly with employers (including those with basic departments at the university). Increase to 40 in 2019 and to 50 in 2022 the number of educational programs, the results of which require social and professional certification of graduates.
4) To carry out the modernization of continuing education programs (VET). To develop and implement by 2020 10 additional education programs for students of the Central Asian University and more than 50 continuing education programs for employers.
5) On the basis of the Central Asian University, to train university teachers in retraining and advanced training programs, as well as through the London Institute of Technology and English.
6) By the end of 2017, pass institutional accreditation. In 2018, pass specialized accreditation according to international standards in 7 specialties. By 2020, specialized accreditation according to international standards will go through 27 specialties.
7) To implement the preparation of a series of university textbooks on the main priority areas of the university.
1.2. Development and implementation of new educational technologies and training support systems
1) To continue the practice of disseminating active and interactive forms of educational work with the annual update of innovative guidelines.
2) Continue to develop methodological support and introduce innovative technical training tools into the educational process. To bring the number of classrooms equipped with TCO to 100% by 2020.
3) To activate work on the formation of a unified information system of the educational process, filling the educational portal with modern educational and methodological support. To achieve by 2022 the full provision of all academic disciplines with control and measuring materials in a remote format.
4) Continue the development of tools for individual counseling of students, primarily through the formation of a distance counseling system and the introduction of the institute of advisers at faculties of full-time education.
5) To develop a methodology for testing knowledge by students using open computer testing systems. To ensure, since 2018, the full coverage of disciplines with remote access systems for current and intermediate control of the level of students' training.
6) To ensure a high degree of satisfaction of students and employers with the quality of education at the university. To introduce for this the practice of annual thematic surveys of teachers, students and employers.
7) To develop a distance format for additional professional education of the University. To form a system of distance consulting for specialists, starting for this by 2019 in economic and legal specialties, by 2022 in technical and language specialties.
1.3. Development of international cooperation in the system of continuing education
1) To increase the number of educational programs implemented in English with the aim of attracting foreign students and expanding the communicative and linguistic competencies of Kazakhstani students.
2) To develop cooperation with leading world universities and higher schools for joint educational activities on the pragrams of "double diploma". To bring the number of such programs to 20 in 2020 and to 40 in 2022.
3) Develop a program of “visiting professors” with leading world universities, foreign representatives of business and government. By 2022, increase the number of people invited to conduct lectures, seminars, trainings, case studies, master classes up to 50 people, invited teachers up to 30 people.
4) To intensify cooperation with foreign organizations in order to develop the system of additional professional education of the University. By 2022, have joint training programs for specialists in the field of information technology and information security, ecology, biotechnology, accounting, auditing, tax advice, finance with organizations, geology and the oil and gas sector, all of them are CIS countries and Europe.
ACHIEVEMENT OF THE DESIGNATED OBJECTIVE RESPONSES THE SOLUTION OF THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- The educational process - the modernization of the educational process, including the development of new educational forms, programs and standards, the introduction of new educational technologies and training support systems, the development of international cooperation in the continuing education system
- The research process - the modernization of the research process and innovation, providing for the creation of points of generation of world-class research and expert support for government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the development of innovation and international scientific cooperation
- Strengthening human resources - strengthening human resources, the student body and the community of graduates of the Central Asian University (TsAU), which involves updating the staff, including by attracting creative forces from the outside, reputable specialists - practitioners, stimulating the effective professional activity of scientific and pedagogical staff, creation of a system of work with talented youth from among graduates of a magistracy and doctoral studies
- Infrastructure modernization - infrastructure modernization aimed at developing the technological base, support systems for research, educational and other activities of the university, creating a modern information infrastructure. To provide free wireless access for students and employees to internal information resources and the Internet in all territories of the university. Introduce the practice of audio and video recordings of classrooms and scientific events, followed by posting on the portal. Development of the auditorium and housing stock of CAU
- The development of international cooperation - the development of international cooperation in the system of continuing education. To intensify scientific research on the problems of financing multilateral projects by scientists of the Central Administrative University together with the International Finance Corporation. To increase the number of joint scientific research, factors and trends in modernizing the economy in order to use world experience in the regions of Kazakhstan. To develop and implement a plan for the annual participation of scientists from CAU in international scientific events in order to discuss the results of joint research
- Support and stimulation - support and stimulation of professional growth of scientific and pedagogical workers. To create a comprehensive multi-level system for the preparation and certification of scientific and pedagogical personnel of the University "Master - Doctoral PhD". To develop the practice of regular internships for all groups of teachers and researchers at universities in the CIS and Europe